F.A. Charter Standard Club


Under 13's

Eagles Home Page Rules & Regulations Club History Contacts Messageboard

Report by Andy Hornsey

  Sunday 30th March 2008


Under 13s - Burton Junior Football League

Trent Trophies Division One.

Rolleston 1 Rocester Elkes Eagles 4

Rocester went into the game minus a number of players through a mixture of injuries, sickness and holidays, and fully expected a stiff challenge against a Rolleston side who usually fare well on their own pitch.

From the whistle Rocester pressed Rolleston and managed to retain most of the possession. However the service to the Rocester strikers was lacking and a breakthrough didn’t materialise until Reece Brown scored in the 10th minute after the ball had been passed through to him from a corner kick.

A second goal quickly followed when George Pauley found the net after another corner was fed through to him.

The game continued in earnest but Rolleston only looked a threat when taking advantage from goal kicks - this was due to the Rocester back four continually pushing too far forward.

Rocester missed out on a third goal opportunity when Steve Whitehall beat the Rolleston keeper only to be clearly legged up by the keepers hand. It was a definite penalty but unfortunately it was missed by the Referee and his Assistant.

In the second half Rocester once again took the game to Rolleston, and a pass from Joe Ring to Steve Whitehall was swiftly converted into a goal after 8 minutes to give Rocester a 3-0 lead.

Rocester followed that up with another shot from inside the Rolleston six-yard box which was fumbled over the line by their goalkeeper. Unfortunately the goal was not given and Rocester had to wait until the final ten minutes to claim their fourth goal, which was scored by Steve Whitehall from a George Pauley pass.

With eight minutes remaining, a careless challenge just outstide the 18-yard box gifted Rolleston a free kick which was well taken to give them their first and only goal of the game.

Overall, Rocester were in command of most of the game and when their concentration did lapse, they were protected by key saves by Adam Smith.

Man of the Match was Reece Brown who worked hard all game and created chances for the Rocester forward line.