F.A. Charter Standard Club


Under 13's

Eagles Home Page Rules & Regulations Club History Contacts Messageboard

Report by Andy Hornsey

  Sunday 16th December 2007


Under 13s - Burton Junior Football League

Trent Trophies Division One.

Repton Casuals 2 Rocester Elkes Eagles 7

Rocester Elkes Eagles U13’s played Repton Casuals U13’s in the BJFL Trent Trophies Division 1 on Sunday in what promised to be a difficult fixture after Rocester had narrowly won 2-1 at home when the teams last met.

Rocester seemed a little to casual early in the game and Repton caused numerous problems given the amount of possession they were allowed. With only 3 minutes gone, the Repton right winger was given far too much time on the ball and he managed to put a great cross into the box which was subsequently headed into the net to give Repton the lead.

Rocester realised that they had instantly made the game more difficult for themselves and started to up their work rate. After 10 minutes of pressure the equaliser finally came when Rocester won a free kick which was only partially cleared, and Steve Whitehall picked up the second ball to score.

With 10 minutes of the first half remaining, a cross from Reece Brown was headed into the goal by Joe Ring to give Rocester the lead, and that was followed shortly afterwards by a fantastic shot from George Pauley that just dipped under the cross bar to give Rocester a 3-1 lead at half time.

Afterthe break Rocester continued to work hard and they played better football than in the first half. However, a moment of over exuberance lead to conceding a free kick just outside the 18 yard box which Repton fired over the wall and into the top corner to make the score 3-2 to Rocester.

In the remaining 20 minutes of the game Rocester had numerous chances which lead to further goals from Steve Whitehall and George Pauley, giving Rocester a 5-2 lead with 7 minutes remaining.

During the last few minutes of the game Adam Smith, who had moved to left wing from left back, continued to build on his man of the match performance and uncharacteristically managed to score a fantastic goal on his weaker right foot to give Rocester a 6-2 lead.

A seventh goal soon followed by Steve Whitehall to seal the victory for Rocester, and give Steve a hat trick in his first league game for the club.

Rocester remain second in the league just one point behind Stretton Eagles.